The SPFBO reviewers have chosen their ponies and the race is about to begin!
If you haven’t been following along, the SPFBO is a contest created by author Mark Lawrence to shine a light on quality self-published fantasy. Out of 300 entries, 10 finalists have now been chosen to compete for the top spot. And while The Blood-Tainted Winter is not one of those 10 finalists, it’s been a fun ride through this first round, I’ve made some friends along the way, and I can’t wait to follow along to the end.
Let’s take a look at our finalists:
- THE MOONLIGHT WAR, S K S Perry
- Review from Fantasy Book Critic
- THE MUSIC BOX GIRL, K A Stewart
- Review from The Qwillery
- OUTPOST, F T McKinstry
- Review from Lynn’s Books
- THE GREY BASTARDS, Jonathan French
- Review from Bibliotropic
- PATERNUS, Dyrk Ashton
- Review from Fantasy Faction
- ASSASSIN’S CHARGE, Claire Frank
- Review from The BiblioSanctum
- LARCOUT, K A Krantz
- Review from Elitest Book Reviews
- THE SHADOW SOUL, Kaitlyn Davis
- Review from Fantasy Literature
- THE PATH OF FLAMES, Phil Tucker
- Review from Pornokitsch
- FIONN: DEFENCE OF RÁTH BLÁDHMA, Brian O’Sullivan
- Review from Bookworm Blues
I can vouch for The Path of Flames, have read three that didn’t get the nod,* and have several more waiting on my Kindle already. I hope you give these and other SPFBO books a chance.
Anything strike your fancy? Titles link to each book on Amazon. Go support an indie author! And don’t forget to write a review!
*Senlin Ascends, Ravinor, and They Mostly Come Out At Night